Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Harley-Davidson WIP

VGL1995
null
Offline / Send Message
VGL1995 null
Hey Polycount

I've been busy working on this project the last months. Now I show you this preview of my new asset.
This motorbike is rendered in 3Ds Max with the mental ray render, but in the future I want to take this to Marmoset and put on this PBR material.
Please tell me your opinion about it.

hppYbe7.jpg
ezposNP.jpg
WpJFNR6.jpg?1
5K0b4QP.jpg?1
GksWCel.jpg?1

Replies

• 4bidn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    4bidn polycounter lvl 5
    Hello VGL1995,

Beautiful model and I love attention to detail. I don't know much about bikes, but this looks like a classy model, so good choice. I really like your composition and lighting of the renders. The ground bricks look noisy, have noticeable tiling and look very flat. They take away more than they add at this point.

That leather seat needs a little bit of love in the way of stitching and details. Perhaps through Zbrush? Or you could render splines in max too.

The biggest area for improvement will come from redoing your materials. Everything looks like a basic shader right now and very CG-ish. In other words so far nothing looks like real world materials. Using mental ray or V-ray materials would be a good start. PBR is not the only means of making something look realistic. PBR is a controlled environment that reacts/behaves realistically.

I am not going to say this is too high poly for Marmoset, cause I really don't know. But a model like this lends itself more towards Keyshot and high poly product renders. It is designed for it, easy to use and with the correct materials will give you gorgeous results.

It all depends on what direction you want to go in with this. Marmoset is the right choice for displaying real time assets.