Home Quixel Megascans

ANSWERED: Dota 2 Presents: (Stylized work)

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Haftoof polycounter lvl 4
I'm doing a lot of my 3d learning on my first DOTA 2 item and I've started to delve into this tool as it seems intuitive and offers some serious power to increase my workflow.

I wanted to ask since after downloading the latest package and starting to play inside of it, is there plans to include a stylized material library?

In regards to the newly implemented DOTA 2 presents and output map present are there any tutorials or explanations in the works to help fledgling users better understand why you set the preset up the way it is and quick suggestions for getting started?

I'm excited to use quixel and the DOTA 2 presents, based on my cursory first look it appears you guys set up a few layers (broad strokes) and a layer for hand painting. Do you suggest working in layers to start?

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi haftoof!

Yes there are plans for some more stylized materials in the future! We don´t really have a tutorial on the subject right now but maybe that´s something we could do!
  • Haftoof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haftoof polycounter lvl 4
    Eric, that sounds awesome. I know that stylized materials are usually characterized by texturing and brush-strokes or very specific blown-out color styles influenced by shading and highlights, seeing how some pro artists set up those smart materials by including some core examples (like DOTA 2, WoW, Painterly, Borderlands) would be awesome to see.

I know not all of that will be captured in the smart material (which is why you have a hand-painted layer on your Dota 2 preset) but it would be cool to see some good baseline materials for and how they are setup.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We´ll try to arrange something good! We will probably bring in some external experts since I have never made a stylized material in my life :D