Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Urban game environment

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
kunalht polycounter lvl 2
This is my first game environment project following through digital tutor's course.Feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks.
envf_1.png
envf_4.png
envf_6.pngenvf_7.png

Replies

• kunalht
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • noosence
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noosence polycounter lvl 9
    This is a really good start. I would say if you want to push it to the next level I would look at some reference of some real buildings. Also on things like the pipe running up the building, make sure to use soft edges to give it a rounded appearance even though it doesn't have many faces. But keep up the good work and hope to see more! =]
  • kunalht
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noosence wrote: »
    This is a really good start. I would say if you want to push it to the next level I would look at some reference of some real buildings. Also on things like the pipe running up the building, make sure to use soft edges to give it a rounded appearance even though it doesn't have many faces. But keep up the good work and hope to see more! =]

yeah you are right about that pipes. Thanks. One question: should i use NURBS for pipes or polygons like other things?
  • Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    If you want to create it for a game, you should always use Polygons.
  • kunalht
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you want to create it for a game, you should always use Polygons.

okay thanks!
  • dazart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should look into learning the whole zbrush pipeline and workflow, and also maybe look at using quixle in your texture creation...both have big learning curves more so zbrush but well worth learning and will make your creation look current gen
  • kunalht
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dazart wrote: »
    You should look into learning the whole zbrush pipeline and workflow, and also maybe look at using quixle in your texture creation...both have big learning curves more so zbrush but well worth learning and will make your creation look current gen

Yeah! can i use mudbox instead of zBrush for environment modeling? I have used mudbox in past and also it's cheaper than zbrush(10$ monthly).? I'll learn quixel as well. Thanks!
  • Spoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 11
    If you like nurbs, just create it like that and convert to poly
  • dazart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kunalht wrote: »
    Yeah! can i use mudbox instead of zBrush for environment modeling? I have used mudbox in past and also it's cheaper than zbrush(10$ monthly).? I'll learn quixel as well. Thanks!

Use any programme that u feel comftable with, id say try them all and see what suits your way of working, in my role at work we use many programmes to crate the end result and a lot of them are free open source software. Id also say if your building environments like the one your working on try to break to area up into modular peices that fit together like a jig saw..for instance build a window section, a door way, trim strips to break up sections of wall. This will also so enable you to mix and match stuff up a little
  • kunalht
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dazart wrote: »
    Use any programme that u feel comftable with, id say try them all and see what suits your way of working, in my role at work we use many programmes to crate the end result and a lot of them are free open source software. Id also say if your building environments like the one your working on try to break to area up into modular peices that fit together like a jig saw..for instance build a window section, a door way, trim strips to break up sections of wall. This will also so enable you to mix and match stuff up a little

okay thanks!
  • kunalht
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon wrote: »
    If you like nurbs, just create it like that and convert to poly

okay thanks.