Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Basketball Anime assets

Hey guys,
I'm new to modeling <3 In this thread I will put all my assets of my basketball game that is supposed to be like the anime "Kuroko no Basuke".

For my game, I need a stadium and all related assets. I put a screenshot from the anime (if that is not allowed, please feel free to remove it) that is showing the "Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium" where the Basketball "Winter Cup" is held (this building actually exists and I also got some pictures of the real gym).

http://postimg.org/image/gdev4ujj5/

My Plan was... building the ground mesh, making a tile set for walls/ doors; making some assets (bench, basketball, basketball hoop); making a character (actually it looks like I'm gonna take a model from "mikumikudance"). Until now, I will use Blender (easy to use, but I also got a student version of Maya/ 3ds max).

I did a basketball ;P, but since I'm new, I already have some trouble building the ground mesh. I tried to separate the field and the markings, but I feel like my workflow is bad. I do make use of mirror modifiers, but after applying it, I still have to do many things individual (making new vertices, so that I can grab all markings as an object). Now, how would you guys make a stadium? I couldn't find any reference related to a stadium for a game (only some really hardcore architecture stuff). Should I maybe just put a texture for it later?

<3