Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Quixel Suite has stopped booting with no error.

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
a.marlowe696 polycounter lvl 5
I use Quixel everyday for work and school, so thank you for giving me the ability to speed up my process. I've been using the suite since the beta was released and I know my way around and I know most, if not all, of the work around's for bugs and issues that exist to date.

However, I've come across something new. I can no longer launch the suite at all. I did the whole check the processes for "SUITE" to end it but it wasnt there at all. Which is usually the case when it isnt launching. I tried restarting, re installing quixel, and updating Photoshop CC with no luck.

Im not too sure what else I can do with out any error message. Im using a Lenovo w530 with windows 7 and 32gigs of ram.

Please let me know if you guys have some sort of solution for this or if you need anymore information. I haven't changed anything between now and 6 hours ago (It was running just fine) on my machine.

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

Sorry to hear about that, very strange that it just died like that. Did you by any chance run any type of malware cleaner or virus scan in between?
  • a.marlowe696
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I run bit finder, but I haven't made any changes or updated it. This is so strange. I dont even know what else I can do.
  • a.marlowe696
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, So after tinkering around, I got the x86 version to boot. Is there different parameters involved with the 64bit version? Does it look for a different Photoshop folder?

-Edit: Also wanted to mention that the x86 version is 1.6...
  • CKohl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CKohl polycounter lvl 10
    Are you now or were you ever running anything as admin? Directly from .exe? Shortcuts? Starting PS or SUITE first?
  • a.marlowe696
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, Sorry for the delayed update. I got it back up and running. Something about an old version of Quixel 32 bit was floating around even after uninstalling. I wiped it completely and installed it on a different drive. Also for some reason photoshop has two folders in my adobe folder:
    "Adobe Photoshop CC 2014" & "Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)"

The weird thing is the "Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)" doesn't have a executable file inside of it and after reading on adobes website it states that when installing the program will automatically install the 64 bit if applicable for your system. Seems weird to me, but regardless everything is working as it should.

Thanks for the help guys and I hope this helps someone in the future.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great that you got it working, sorry about the hassle! Big thanks for reporting back, a big help for others who might be experiencing the same issue!