Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

1º head sculpt feedback.

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
TwisterPT polycounter lvl 9
Hello there :D !!!

I need you guys feedback wiht my head sculpt.
Im having a hard time getting the mouth to look like a mouth, the ears and eyes need alot more work, but overall im not getting to the feel that its a female head and a would like you guys help to point me toward the right direction.

7uRkD5Q.jpg
uhKVMYJ.jpg
sYb3uMU.jpg

This is the image that I used as reference.

GsxPB7r.jpg

Replies

• The Rizzler
    Offline / Send Message
    The Rizzler polycounter lvl 9
    your pictures aren't showing, looking at the page source you're linking from dropbox but it's a 403 error (forbidden) which usually happens when you don't have the privileges to sign into an account
    Try uploading to imgur, it'll be faster to display on the page than dropbox (and I think if too many people access links from your dropbox it craps itself anyway)

edit: cool, works now
    I'm by no means the authority on character art (i.e. I don't do it) but the face looks quite gaunt from the front. There's not much I can do but recommend you study the underlying structure of the face and take on the sculpt in stages - It looks like you are on quite a high subdivision level and yet are not sculpting at a high level of detail - you have to first start at a very low subd level and block in all the major facial planes, then build up the macro form slowly until you are able to up the subd level and introduce micro detail.

All I can say is check out all the character sculpting threads and see how others go through the stages, then you can formulate your own methods. In addition it probably isn't a good idea to use an already existing sculpt as a reference - that way you're essentially putting your own interpretation on someone else's interpretation of a human. Use an actual human as a reference essentially
  • skodone
    Offline / Send Message
    skodone polycounter lvl 2
    use the transparent window function of zbrush
    check your basic forms

google face planes
    check https://www.anatomy4sculptors.com/
    use a lot more references

u need to focus on really nailing that stuff