Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Spacegirl

Hello Polycount!

Here is a WIP of a space girl sculpt!
Original 2D concept made by the amazing Travis Charest.

Original 2D concept (Travis Charest)
70f2b1b447fc3586ddf7ee968dcc997a.jpg

Current state of sculpt
161kllh.jpg

C&C welcome!

Replies

• Poinball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poinball polycounter lvl 6
    Nice work so far ! I just notice something. The hand look like a regular hand with a glove. On the concept i think its a robot hand ?
  • MrCreator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you! Yes it is a robotic hand on the sculpt too, but I guess its not exaggerated enough.. Something was bothering me around the arm / hand, but I couldn`t put my eye on it, maybe it is that.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    You lost the gesture of the human female form.

I really recommend over exaggerating all the C and S curves you see in the silhouette and gesture of the original illustration. Do you know what I mean by that?

You need to paintover and analyze like the critiques have done in your Elsa sculpt thread. Pause, take the illustration into photoshop, and draw out the areas where curves pinch, the overall gesture of the silhouette, etc.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147362
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    This concept is ACE!
    I love this stuff :) So far an excellent job. Comparing the two you are missing some hit points around the abdomen and hips. The lips in the concept are pouty and the hair has a sweep in the front. When you show 3d work always show the figure from more angles.

Cheers man keep it up.
    How come I never saw this artists work before? Amazingly appealing designs!
  • MrCreator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the always useful critiques Brian.
    I have done some work on the silhouette. This is what it looks like so far, Im thinking of maybe leaning her head down a little bit also, what do you think of that?

2cmks5s.jpg
  • Chantel-sky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chantel-sky polycounter lvl 3
    Silhouette is looking better, but the right arm is slightly visible under her hamstrings which is making a weird bump in your silhouette. I'd suggest fixing that as it only works on the concept cause the arm appears longer.

Also there's a slight torso twist in the concept, without it, looks awkward. I'd even have the hair flowing a bit more so it's more clear in your silhouette.

You need to paintover and analyze like the critiques have done in your Elsa sculpt thread. Pause, take the illustration into photoshop, and draw out the areas where curves pinch, the overall gesture of the silhouette, etc.

The face also seems flat. You'd need to provide more angles to see it fully.

Keep at it though!
  • MrCreator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @kanga Sorry, I totally missed your comment, I just saw it!
    Yeah, Its strange because this is the first time I heard of him too!

@Chantel-sky Thanks for the critique, yeah, I dont have the camera fixated, I just rotate the model how I think is the closest to the ref for now, I will do all that properly once its ready for rendering.

Here is what I got so far, I enlarged her hands, fixed the position of the head and done some work above her hips.
    xfux6a.jpg
  • Dan Powell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan Powell polycounter lvl 5
    I think her hips are looking much better than before - far more curvier and smoother, and overall more feminine. :)

Really like the concept and the 3D work is going great too!
  • MrCreator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Dan! :)

I have done some detailing on her face and I do not remember if I did anything to her body so Ill post it up too.

I would like to paint all this high poly and get a nice render out of it and not get it low poly, game engine ready and so on, what do you all think of that?

b4fgr5.jpg
    16jqzyt.jpg
  • Poinball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poinball polycounter lvl 6
    Nice update ! I just notice again something with the hand. Some part pop out and give a very good silhouette. i just puted them in red on the concept.

2n19dap.jpg
  • MrCreator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Poinball, yes I have noticed that too and I have actually done it, but its not visible from this angle, I will try to exaggerate it a bit so it is visible in the silhouette!
  • MrCreator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone, this is still a work in progress.. :) Did some texuring, have to finish texturing and add lighting...

2vmzqd4.png
    dvfx40.png
  • MrCreator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another day, another update.. Getting this finished soon, gotta make a base and set up lighting and its done.. With post work in PS tho..

2j1k1af.jpg
  • MrCreator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for all the critiques, I had this piece finished for quite a while now but I couldnt render it due to weak PC... Got it rendered and some post work in PS..

photo.php?fbid=1656446554585279&set=gm.371406349721726&type=1&theater
  • MrCreator
  • 3dshay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ooooooooh sexyyyy! nice nice!
    Sorry for such a comment, I am not a pro about anatomy, but can't say nothing when see nudes :D