Home Dota 2

DOTAHATTERY

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Rocket_Science polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys, maybe not all of you know the situation with a damn awesome and helpful tool led by 1 man: www.dotahattery.com. You can find details here: http://dotahattery.com/postmortem.php

In my opinion it was just overlooked by our community. And I as a regular user of this site want to ask all of you to make anything you can to ask Valve to give this awesome recource a status of Service Provider. Please keep in mind that this hard thing lies on the shoulders of one and only ReMixx, so I think it's the best way to help him.

So here's the plan:
1) When you submit your stuff when choosing service providers propose dotahattery.com to Valve so they see it
2) Those of you who's lucky enough to visit TI5, please, ask Valve to check this situation.

Thank you for your time reading this. Hope you'd share my opinion on this.

Replies

• down_limit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    down_limit polycounter lvl 10
    Totally agree. Surely each of us regularly use this website. For me personally, Surely each of us regularly use this website. For me it is an integral ipeline part.

And I'm sure that among us there are people who are competent in this matter, that can help. I can not believe that all among us are selfish.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Shame no one else donated to keep this afloat.
  • Hudston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hudston polycounter lvl 10
    Hear, hear!

I suggest posting something to this effect on Reddit. They seem pretty good at pulling valve's reins a bit right now. :P
  • Malloy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malloy polycounter lvl 6
    Yeah I suggested a fund raising monthly challenge, on the Skype group, where people give 25% or something with the same collection based format the Polycount Chest was doing. Promotion art for chest and all. Perhaps even just head slots for theme of 'hattery'. Aim to get them to close as immortal-like as possible in style/flourish and hope they get accepted as a fund raiser chest. Think of the amount of awesome 'head slots' we could procure with a bit of passion in a months time :P

Alternatively, whole sets will do too!
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    from the sound of the postmortem it doesn't seem like there's much enthusiasm to keep it going forward, money or not, unfortunately. (chime in remixx!). My hope is for Valve to either cut him a check as a 'thank you', put him on the service provider list for our retroactive thanks and maybe at least to let everything that's already there remain online for a bit, or integrate this system directly into dota 2 (because seriously, why isn't there a way to easily do what dotahattery did but from within the game?)

I'm just sad. You did a great job, ReMixx. Thank you for all of your amazing work.
  • ReMixx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys.

I'm kind of pooped out from it right now. I'll definitely listen if Valve ever speaks up though.

I appreciate the offer of a chest or something, but I wouldn't feel right accepting it. I want to URN REEL MONI, not be GIFFED REEL MONI. I hope that you all don't take offense to that. It just doesn't sit well with me. Besides, it's hard enough as it is to get items accepted in-game and I know some artists who have gone a year without getting things accepted. I wouldn't feel right taking any money from them. We're all struggling to make it here.
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    setting up dota hatery as service provider would indeed solve the whole problem in a very fair way. from what i heard of people who are service providers already, they can good live from it.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    ReMixx wrote: »
    Thanks guys.

I'm kind of pooped out from it right now. I'll definitely listen if Valve ever speaks up though.

I appreciate the offer of a chest or something, but I wouldn't feel right accepting it. I want to URN REEL MONI, not be GIFFED REEL MONI. I hope that you all don't take offense to that. It just doesn't sit well with me. Besides, it's hard enough as it is to get items accepted in-game and I know some artists who have gone a year without getting things accepted. I wouldn't feel right taking any money from them. We're all struggling to make it here.

Well to be fair, it is earning real money. You essentially provide a service (similar to being a cashier) rather than a product (selling produce to a store).

Service providers' 5% comes out of the 75% cut (valve) rather than the 25% (artists).
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    If nothing comes up between now and TI maybe we can talk to Valve at TI for you and see what their thoughts are?

It'd give you a break to recharge and rethink things as well.

If things do come together eventually and you need help with development hit me up. I'll try to contribute if I have the time. Assuming everything stays the same I'll probably do a lot less workshop stuff after TI and I work as a programmer by day, so yeah.