Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Game asset ( PBR Material)

Replies

• nickcomeau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nickcomeau polycounter lvl 4
    The ware that you have on the top of the generator looking thing is quite extreme for the level of ware the rest of it has especially on the top. I would suggest toning it down a bit or making it all more beaten up. It should be more consistent. Also when you're adding ware don't just necessarily throw it on all the edges of section, think of why it's more warn here? Is there a handle that would scratch this over and over? Is it a key hole maybe someone sucks at getting the key in? If this is being wheeled around what parts would hit the ground? Stuff like that. Good start though :)
  • tac0m
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tac0m polycounter lvl 6
    I agree with nick

I don't think the worn edges really works with your model. Those bars on the top would probably have the most wear and would protect the edges of the red metal. I would imagine the corners of the black bars to have the most damage/scrapes and the black and red flat metal would have scattered sections of small damage/scrapes.

I always try to tell a story with my props/characters. Makes for an interesting viewing experience.
  • IgorKlints
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IgorKlints polycounter lvl 4
    Thank you guys for the feedback, I will consider all subsequent works!