Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Pick up truck

Hello! was looking for some feedback on post apocalyptic themed pick up truck i am working on.

[IMG][/img]Car_render_1_zpsnxultsn7.jpg

[IMG][/img]Car_1_zpshlx4kb4d.jpg

[IMG][/img]Car_2_zpsktrtdujw.jpg

[IMG][/img]Car_3_zpswzpr9dlq.jpg

Replies

• luthyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luthyn polycounter lvl 8
    Can you post the reference images that you are pulling inspiration from?
  • kioder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luthyn wrote: »
    Can you post the reference images that you are pulling inspiration from?

The pick up itself is based of off a toyota hilux

[IMG][/img]toyota-pick-up-fender-flares%201_zpspa28faq3.jpg

Some of the amour features on the car came from this i found

[IMG][/img]1275226479460_full_3d_zpsxuf9wnnh.jpg
  • Mark Circus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mark Circus polycounter lvl 2
    Looking nice, I think you could afford to place more plating around the vehicle (going off the concept art you posted) to help the post apocalyptic theme :)
  • aaronmwolford
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aaronmwolford polycounter lvl 8
    Right now the truck is feeling rather "boxy." Your truck inspiration has a slight curve in the main panels that catches light nicely. Also your panels seem too neat. Chances are in this world the driver is finding scrap pieces of metal that are most likely already bent, rummaged through, or damaged to some degree. I would rotate some pieces slightly. Also, the poles in the bed of the truck that are angled towards the back tires seem really thin. Sorry for not knowing the proper terminology. :) All in all I really dig the concept. Keep it up!
  • zebus_0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zebus_0 polycounter lvl 7
    Depending on what you're doing to do with it I think you could simply your mesh a little bit, I think you could get away with removing a few segments, especially in the back. I think it looks cool as hell to start but I agree with aaronmwolford above me, the panels seem a little too pristine. I know it's really hard to look random. Try to think pragmatically, if you were driving this beast what are things that would possibly happen to it that need replaced? Where would the most armor be the most beneficial? The panels on the wheel wells and the roll bar seem more like an afterthought to fill out the model rather than purposely placed.