Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Space station

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Andre.Jonsson polycounter lvl 5
Hi all!

I've made this small and modular environment and thought I would share it with you guys! Before this I was busy sculpting rocks so I wanted to take my mind off that and just make something totally different.

I also wanted to learn how to use the Quixel SUITE, especially DDO.

I started off from this concept art and built from there.

o9v37ue.png

yAv5HAy.png

hDzirY8.png

0I8gMV7.png

07YJAuQ.png

bfrQTnO.png

Hu8up4p.png

R4c0KON.png

dVd4iYj.png

1qzm7wL.png

fBKv74z.png

Detailed lighting with normal maps:

jQRhpTC.png

cwfbuv6.png

If you have any questions or thoughts, good or bad, please share them. I'd love to hear all opinions on this.

Take care, hope you all are having a wonderful spring! =D

Replies

• Carter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carter polycounter lvl 12
    Hey just seen this with zero replies thought I would give some crit!

The wear and scratches on the assets looks quite uniform with no clear idea of what's caused the damage to every surface - tone these down and increase them more on the corners of objects particularly on the bottom of those pillars, things could have been knocked and bumped into them

Add some veeeery minor grunge to inner recesses it all looks uniformly quite dark on your assets some variation would be nice

The box with the wire coming from it looks very basic for such a large commanding prop. Think I'm going mad but the shape looks super similar to an air compressor I have saved as reference add some stencilled text and warning labels to give a clearer idea of what it is.

Add some softer shapes to break up the harsh angles - the classic Alien corridor is good inspiration with the soft fabric-like lozenge on the walls

The hexagonal wire looks super flat and sharp if you chamfer each side and apply one smoothing group or whatever the equivalent is in Maya it should light alot nicer

Anywho scene looks like it could really shine with some polish!