Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Elliott Chatham

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Lokter polycounter lvl 6
Little about me, currently 3rd year student at Staffordshire University, approaching the end of my studies so I have decided to post this up to document my progress over the next 2/3 weeks in the short term. Hopefully I can keep this going with personal projects over the summer period.

Forgive me if it gets a little confusing in here with me jumping between projects. I have 3 assignment deadlines coming up, so it will be a bit of a mix of various projects to begin with.

All of the projects are WIP at this time, feedback is much appreciated.

Mech Project
So this is for the "Portfolio" side of my Final Year project, its a sci-fi mech modelled in max using traditional hard surface techniques, then made game ready and presented inside Unreal Engine 4, currently working on the textures for it. The arms and headpiece have no textures so far.

gtxs5YJ.jpg
E01Kyd8.jpg
h49P99F.jpg
8yimeCD.jpg

Scifi Door Project
Another standard Sci-fi project this time its a small environment with a large heavy duty door as the hero piece. All the parts have been high poly modelled in max before being baked down and once again presented in UE4.

5kQ2dVF.jpg

Small shot of the surrounding area that you don't see from the main angle. Still trying to work out the best angle to show this bit off.

YkHucD0.jpg

Fighting Stage Redesign
For the final module I had to take an existing level/stage, character or combat vehicle from a Fighting Game and re-design it. I chose to take the Eagleland: Onett stage from Super Smash Bro's and re-design it with a Dishonoured/Fable sort of Victorian England feel.

I had to keep the general fighting area intact and work around changing the visuals. As such I kept the building shapes the same, replaced the awnings on the central building with walkways and made the sloped roof of the left hand building into a balcony. I also replaced the car that passes through the level with a Tram.

2sNO0fq.jpg
Bma83Hk.jpg
Cnnts8W.jpg
ufD31LK.jpg

Cheers for reading this, hopefully I can get all these done to a good standard for deadline day.