Home Quixel Megascans

ANSWERED: Megascan part of Quixel suite?

So how will Mega scan work? I have noticed a disabled megascan icon next to the DDO icon in the Quixel suite. Is this where we will open megscan? Will it be integrated with DDO so the megascans turn up as smart materials? How does the megascan interface look like?, screen shots? Looking forward to the beta.

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Hi Ingemar!

When you click the green icon in the future you will end up on the megascans website, there you can download your materials and after that import them to any texturing software. for DDO the process would be to simply add a new material. We´ll see in the future if there might be some way of cutting that step as well. The Megascan will then end up in the material library, not the Smartmaterial library :)
  • IngBü
    I'm going to hijack this thread, seeing that my question is strongly related to the OP's.
    This has probably been answered somewehere else, but I am very new to the Quixel suite, and feeling a bit overwhelmed.

How do we access the 1 gig of 'DDO MEGASCANS Starter Kit' content which is included in the NDO & DDO bundle?
  • oskarkeo
    Offline / Send Message
    oskarkeo polycounter lvl 10
    answer here is still to wait for Quixel to sort out the service to be cabable of an open beta.

Eric, are the materials that ship with ddo considered to be megascans? or are they considered beta materials? And if the latter, could Suite owners expect to see resolution upgrades/scan upgrades, which (forgive me if i'm wrong) I belive was suggested would happen around december 2014.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Hi Ingbü - The Megascans starter kit is the materials included in DDO. But to tie in with osarkeo´s question, they will be updated in future releases, new material will also most likely be added!