Home General Discussion

Kickstarter for Rabbit Run - Intense Racing/Platformer for PS4

Hey guys and gals, I wanted to let you know about my Kickstarter for a game called Rabbit Run. It's a fast paced racing/platformer for PS4 in which you play as the character Girl Rabbit, who embarks on a treacherous journey through the forest to save the love of her life.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/402042009/rabbit-run

If you have any comments or suggestions I'm all ears. I want to make this the best game possible, and make important tweaks based off community feedback. Thanks a lot!

-John-

Replies

• Kraftwerk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kraftwerk polycounter lvl 19
    PS4 only good luck on that the Harmonix people had a hard time getting their goal due that ! And how much money you want ? Not even THE Mega Man creator wanted THAT much for Mighty No.9 and he has an reputation unlike you. I may sound nasty here but there is so much shouting nope at me.
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Er....

Ok....

Yeah so as far as i can tell this is a team without AAA experience trying to make a console game which looks like glorified mobile game. The artistic premise is completely bland and uninspired. I would have said all that even if you were asking for only 40K, lets not mention the lofty goal of 1.6 mill.

Sorry to break it to you, but you guys need to take a step back and have a very hard look at what you are asking.
  • BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    You go on about realistic goals and then ask for $1,600,000. That's way too much on Kickstarter, please tell me you accidentally put the decimals in the wrong place!

Of course, it's probably about right for how much it will cost to pay all 12 staff a fair amount (...for longer than I would suggest this game would take to finish, mind you) and run the business while doing so, plus bills and fees etc, but that's not really how Kickstarter ends up working. You kind of have to lowball it, otherwise it's just not happening.

I think we've all seen amazing projects by industry vets not get funded on Kickstarter, even though the project gained a lot of attention and might have been going for much more conservative estimates (I've seen a few fall just shy of 80k-300k a number of times), what makes you think your PS4 exclusive racing/platformer is going to draw in 1 and a half mill?

There's a lot of Kickstarter sins here, basically. And no Backer rewards? Seriously? You know people actually like those, and it provides an incentive. At backers all giving $20 each, you'll be needing 80,000 people to back. Star Citizen, for example, didn't even reach half of that amount of pledgers (Their more expensive Backer Rewards were VERY popular, by the way, and they also only asked for $500,000)

Now, don't get me wrong, it looks like a cute and fun game. But I think the Kickstarter campaign is a tad ill conceived.
  • pangaea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pangaea polycounter lvl 5
    Even $160,000 would be unrealistic. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910344764/drift-stage

This only got $57,000 and the guy who made the campaign has a big following on twitter and has been posting on indie dev forum and building up a fan base for years.

Not only that, but he actually had a demo that you can physically play and it wasn't just for the PS4.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm, I wish you luck, but people have made excellent points. You're asking people to back a 1.6 million game they can just download from a mobile app store for free in multiple different forms...

You should look into scaling this WAY down and putting it on mobile devices.