Home Adobe Substance

ID Color Map help request.

Bryan3d
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Bryan3d polycounter lvl 8
I'm attempting to create an ID map (Color Map) in Substance Painter and or Designer. All my attempts end in me having a solid black or Red Color map. I am able to bake all other maps, AO, Normal, Curvature...ect with no issues. I've tried all the options listed in the ID map baker (Material Color, Vertex Color, Mesh ID, Submesh ID). I've also tried all the Color Generator options.

I 'm using a High poly and low poly for the baking. The meshes have multiple sub meshes(elements). Basically its just a typical barrel. The barrels have a body, bolts and a cap. The Barrel is 1 mesh/obj. I've tried giving the barrel one Mat ID in 3DS max, I've also tried giving the Barrel multiple material IDs in max (Mat ID 1 for the barrel, Mat ID 2 for the bolts ect ect). Everything I did I did to both the High poly and low poly. I also tried assigning different materials to all the sub objects. I am able to bake a Mat ID in 3DS Max with no issues but I would prefer to do it in my newly purchased Substance products :)

Anyways, If anyone could offer some basic instructions on how to get a Material ID map in either Substance product using models made in 3DS max it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies