Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

MrBFox's Illustrations

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
MrBFox greentooth
hello, I am a student currently studying Animation, and though a big focus of the course is 3D, and while at the moment im focused on rigging for a project, i always make an effort to do some 2D illustrations, these will often range from 30 minutes to 2 or 3 hours, I am eager to improve, so feedback is much appreciated.

tumblr_nm8ntnFSZm1sjwjvso3_1280.png
tumblr_nhxdw5ETHw1sjwjvso4_1280.png
tumblr_nidfd8gY761sjwjvso1_1280.png
tumblr_nip48qs2ra1sjwjvso5_1280.png
tumblr_nkw444RJZF1sjwjvso7_1280.png
tumblr_nf4uauKSQH1sjwjvso1_1280.png
tumblr_nm8p9mKgiI1sjwjvso2_1280.jpg

Replies

• curlyhair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    curlyhair polycounter lvl 3
    Seems like they all lack in basics - perspective, light perspective, construction. If you work in 3d, you should learn from it too :) Use grids and construction lines to build your spaceships. By the way you can even build a rough 3d model and overpaint on above, so at least the basic perspective and form would be solved for you.
    You also seem to enjoy doing bright effects :) but next time try to think where you want the viewer to look, and use the effects to stress the point of interest.
    Bottom line - you seem to enjoy those :) I see that you try to create a story and atmosphere in each one, but you need to strengthen your technique so others could enjoy your stories too.
    I'd advise doing some still life studies,especially glass and metal objects - it will help you with everything - perspective, shape and material. Try sketching cars or vehicles,etc.
  • MrBFox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrBFox greentooth
    thanks, the still life studies are definitely something I have been meaning to do more of lately. :)
  • MrBFox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrBFox greentooth
    3-4 hour painting
    1268883_large.JPEG
    process
    1268883_90369_large.JPEG
  • MrBFox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrBFox greentooth
    story in my head for this one is this scavenger, through his exploration of the derelict vessel ‘Redundant Exposition’ finds that a major contributor in the death of all crew on board is them being too occupied with recording Audio logs than getting to any Escape pods.
    1269591_large.JPEG
    1269591_90688_large.JPEG