Home Adobe Substance

Using SD5's Transferred Texture from Mesh baker to transfer a normal map...

Hi, I asked this over on the Allegorithmic forums but didn't get a response so I'm going to try here as well where there is a bit more activity. Is there any way I can use the Transferred Texture from Mesh baker to transfer a normal map from one UV set to another? If you do this in 3DS Max's Render To Texture tool, it reorients the normals based on the new UVs (and in xNormal you can tick the "applied material is a normal map" box or whatever it's called, I don't have it installed to look right now). SD5 seems to just transfer the bitmap, which results in a broken normal map.

I don't think it's possible using the standard tool alone, but I was wondering if anyone could think of a trick or technique that would allow this in SD5? I'm working at a studio that doesn't use Max now and am trying to find alternatives to all the things I used to do there, we're using SD a lot so it would be nice to do as much as possible in there.

If not, do any of the Allegorithmic guys know if this will be implemented as a feature in some future version?

Replies