Home General Discussion

Those bad habits...

Replies

• SUPAVISI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SUPAVISI polycounter lvl 7
    Green tea has a decent amount of caffeine if needed. But honestly I do what Joao does and do some sit ups or what not to keep focused and the blood flowing.
  • GarageBay9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GarageBay9 polycounter lvl 13
    WarrenM wrote: »
    I can only hope that you're joking with this. :) Getting compliments for self abuse is ... questionable.

Thing is, I use them to knock out migraines. :poly121:
  • drawntothenorth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    drawntothenorth triangle
    GarageBay9 wrote: »
    Thing is, I use them to knock out migraines. :poly121:

I had really bad experience on over doing coffee one time then I was like never again, long story short...liquid out of both ends and I had a deadline due in the morning :(
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    lmao Joost, an unexpected response.

Just for those that really want to change, you just stop or gradually lessen the intake of anything. I have done a bunch of addictive "habits" or abuse substances, cigs, alco, ect the usual things people claim to be addicted to and i found it is all just mental.
    i can't speak for others (everyone's different) but nothing is ever too much to not stop doing, scratch that sex i can't seem to kick.:poly124: That habbit has me litterally by the ballz :thumbup::poly136::thumbup:
  • Joost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joost polycount sponsor
    On a more serious note, I'm sure there's plenty of artists who take things like Modafinil or Adderall to get an edge over other people. While they definitely do work for most people, it's easy to underestimate the long term and sometimes short term side effects of these.

Don't see any problem with caffeine as long as you don't overdo it.
  • Hayden Zammit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hayden Zammit polycounter lvl 12
    I haven't tasted any sort of soft drink or "soda" as you lot call it for about 5 years. Can't even remember what lemonaide or cola tastes like. I just stick to water. I also do the pushups at the top of every hour someone suggested.

I do eat a maximum of two pieces of licorice per day though. I try to tell myself that it's going to give me a boost or whatever but I don't think it does.
  • lenahbop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Like almost everyone else on here I have a bit of a bad habit with sugary drinks >_< I don't like coffee that much so I've never been hooked on that but if I'm working and I'm starting to get tired I tend to have pepsi to wake myself up. Woops.

Another really bad habit I have is skin picking, when I'm stressed during work or something I find myself scratching and picking at spots or dry skin on my face or other times picking at my cuticles. It's a really annoying habit. ):
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    I am a night owl who lives on Coffee and Cigarettes.

Currently thinking of switching to the modded electronic cigarettes because now I have to think before I buy a pack since they cost approx 14 bux.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I feel that, Dado. I've been trying to limit my internet time during the day lately as I find I can lose 20 minutes without even thinking about it. And generally there's nothing I see during those 20 minutes that couldn't have waited until after work.
  • 2cat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    2cat polycounter lvl 5
    Losing time on the internet is something I have trouble with as well. Right now, my best technique is to just get into google hangouts, start working and screensharing with other artists who are also working. Feels motivating to just keep working and not slacking when others are working as well. It's also pretty great as there's a lot of feedback going on all the time which also keeps the juices flowing.
  • 2cat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    2cat polycounter lvl 5
    I used to work in an office, but now I'm home alone. Doing Hangouts stuff brings me back to an office like feel while being at home.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dado - In office. Office mates are also distracting. It's all about headphones and loud music. :P