Home Technical Talk

[ZBrush] Polypaint not colouring certain parts of model

Moikle
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Moikle polycounter lvl 3
I have been having this issue with polypaint in Zbrush, where I am trying to paint certain areas, and the colour is just not appearing.

9JELaWy.png
This screenshot shows what I mean, I just painted over the entire ear with pink, and the edge is not taking the colour. This also happens on the bridge of the nose, and the eyelids. Mainly the areas where the angle is sharp.

They don't even take colour if I paint directly onto them. Is there some setting I need to change to fix this?

Replies

• cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Make sure there is no mask applied to the mesh (masks can be hidden). To be sure, go to the masking sub-palette and hit clear mask.

Use a standard brush, and not any more complex brushes which might have different settings applied to its behavior.

Check the Brush: Automasking sub-palette to make sure you don't have an automask applied to the brush.

Lastly, maybe check the Picker settings of the brush as well to see what its set to.

If that all fails, try filling the object with one color to see if the areas are still unaffected.