Home Technical Talk

Need Help. Technical questions about Polycount

THendersonVFX
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
THendersonVFX polycounter lvl 6
I looked through the FAQ as best I could, but I didn't really find what I was looking for. My questions are these:

Can I have one thread linked to multiple sections of the Polycount forum? Ex. Can I have one thread linked to 3D art, UDK discussion and Sketchbook, so that anyone one those will all see the same thing? Or do I have to make a new thread for each one of those sections?

My other question was about adding Tags to my post. I can't seem to figure out how or where to do that.

Any help or advice on either of these questions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can I have one thread linked to multiple sections of the Polycount forum? Ex. Can I have one thread linked to 3D art, UDK discussion and Sketchbook, so that anyone one those will all see the same thing? Or do I have to make a new thread for each one of those sections?

No. Please don't make duplicate threads either. Pick the one forum that seems to make the most sense, and post there. Later if you feel it should be moved, contact one of the forum moderators who will help you.
    My other question was about adding Tags to my post. I can't seem to figure out how or where to do that.
    AFAIK tags are not enabled. If it was there would be a small box to the side of your post title. Curious, why do you want tags?
  • THendersonVFX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Because game FX aren't something that is often posted on here, and I wanted it to be easier for other FX people to find
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A clearly-written subject line is the best way to do this. Your thread in the 3D section is titled well I think. What's the subject of your new thread?
  • THendersonVFX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, I'm trying to get feedback on my work and I wasn't sure if I would attract more relevant viewers in the 3D art section or the Unreal Engine section. Hence wondering if there was a way to have two simultaneously connected threads. I guess I'll just leave it in 3D art. Thanks for your help
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's not set in stone, but the way I think of it, if I have technical queries about Unreal I'll post there, but if I want art feedback I'll post in the Showcase section instead.

You could also split it up into separate posts. There's no hard rule. One thread for the tech bits, the other for the ongoing progress. Just be polite, don't be spammy. ;) Have real content in each, so it isn't rude to your fellow PC browsers. That's the general idea at least.

Glad to have you here!
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To get more feedback on your work, post updates. That's the best way. Show that you're progressing, and people will come.