Home Technical Talk

Zbrush 4r7 - Viewport Issues

Rhythem02
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Rhythem02 polycounter lvl 5
Hello guys

I recently tried using 4r7. I noticed a couple of issues.
- On the viewport I noticed that there are times that you cannot use the main viewport to move, rotate, or magnify. You have to do it on the borders.

- Also whenever I use the transpose tool, the transpose line often sticks to the background like there is a huge geometry behind there. So are the brushes the stick to the background.

Help, this issues slows me down

Replies

• cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Is this just the 64bit version, or the 32bit too? Can you still adjust the view with right-click navigation?
  • Rhythem02
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhythem02 polycounter lvl 5
    I didn't know that the right click works to navigate too.
    Yes, the right click navigation works.
    I'm using 64bit version

But the thing that bothers me more is the transpose line and brush. The also stick to the background.
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Right-click navigation is my preferred method as it works even on top of a model (left click only works on an empty document space, so if the model is zoomed in then you have to use the safe-area border).

As for transpose, I'm not sure what you mean by it sticking to the document. The mental image forming in my head is how it will align to the document when drawn onto a blank portion, but I wouldn't think that is a problem as its basically a gift from god to be able to line transpose up with the viewport instead of just the mesh normals. Do you have an image (or preferably a video) that might show what you are getting vs the desired effect?
  • Tripl3M
    Offline / Send Message
    Tripl3M polycounter lvl 2
    try pressing Ctrl+N when it sticks on the background
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    did you update to the recently released patch for all systems by any chance to check if the issue persists? looks like a completely reinstall though.