Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

[HOBBY] Intrepid Games looking for a 3D artist

Hello everyone!

Three months ago I made this post looking for fellow developers to form a team with. The response I got from there was great and development soon started on our first game! This week, one of our artists has had to drop from the team due to a lack of free time to commit to this project. We are now looking for someone to join the team and help keep the project moving quickly!

Here's what you can expect from us, and what we would expect from you:

* You are a hobbyist/spare time artist regardless of age or background.
* You are passionate about what you are doing.
* You are honest when facing adversity (not being able to figure how to do something or not finding the time) instead of making excuses or leaving us in silence.
* You are interested in putting the effort to keep in touch about your progress (or lack of).
* You understand that everyone is at a different skill level and are willing to give and receive help in an effort to help each other improve.
* You understand that everyone has different life and time requirements. However, you should be able to commit a minimum of 10-15 hours of serious effort a week.
* You are able to hear criticism without becoming defensive. You are able to give criticism without being aggressive. You understand that criticism, given or received, is not aimed at you personally, but is there to try to improve the project.
* You can work seriously, but without a serious attitude. If you say you’ll do X amount of work, you do it.
* You have the ability to join a dev chat room (we use Slack for asynchronous communication) and occasional status meetings (weekly on Skype).

About the team: there are currently four members on the team. The team consists of myself, aerospace engineering grad and ex-NASA intern working full time as a software engineer (more details in the original post above if you're interested), another software engineer with 30+ years experience currently working at Google, a concept artist with some truly beautiful artwork (and who's currently freelancing for Ubisoft), and a 3D artist with some seriously impressive sculpting and modeling skills. You can see many examples of our artists' work on our Twitter Page.

The current project: we wanted to start small and we decided that our first project would be a prehistoric themed online multiplayer tower defense game. It's in the same vein as Line Tower Wars & Wintermaul Wars from the golden age of Warcraft 3 custom games, or like the more modern Tower Wars on Steam. You can view the current build here. DISCLAIMER: This is a work in progress! Most of the art and all of the sound is placeholder! There's still a lot of polish left to do!

We're particularly interested in finding someone with strong skills in rigging and animating and who has experience with Unity 3D. If you're keen on working with us to release this, please send me a PM or reply below if you have any questions!