Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: 3Do gets stuck

Can't figure this out. No matter what I do I can not get 3Do to unstuck from a previous iteration. I have tried to force update, close Suite open it, re-import meshes.

Still it is stuck on an earlier version.

Replies

• teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Richard,

Thanks for reporting. That is really odd indeed. Could you post an image of how the Specular map looks as well? Sorry for the hassle! We'll get this sorted for you ASAP.

- Teddy
  • Richard Culver
    Ah OK so just to cut to the chase the spec has scratches all over it. Seems like it shouldn't. My method to reduce the scratches was to bring the underlying scratch color close to the paint color. But perhaps a better method is to adjust this in the case that the scratch is made from the layer under rather than on top is what? Assuming this is the problem. Though I was able to do this in the past if I recall but I could be mistaken.
  • bac9-flcl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bac9-flcl polycounter lvl 10
    The correct way of changing scratching intensity would be to open the dynamask editor for the paint layer (layer that is peeled off to reveal the metal) and see if you can reconfigure it to have less coverage. Tons of options there to achieve that. This will trigger DDO to update every single map properly. And in general, if you don't need any overlay effect like dirt and rust or any subtraction effect like scratching at all, you can just enter the Smart Material group and remove the offending layer (in case of overlays) or clear the mask of the damaged layer with a white fill (in case of subtractions).

Changing color like you did simply changed the color of underlying metal without actually changing any physical properties in those spots, so all the maps like specular still had metal-like values and still show very clearly in 3DO. That's an intended behaviour.
  • Richard Culver
    Actually a very simple solution in this case as I like the way the material is working, (I just wanted the scratches to be less intense) is to simply edit the spec and normal channels. Seems to work for me.

Thanks for the other tips though. Gave me some ideas to use as well. :)
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good to see you´re all set!