Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Ddo colour id map not working...driving me nuts!!

dmilligan277
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
dmilligan277 polycounter lvl 7
Hi all,

Ok so this is slowly driving me insane and i have tried any number of things to resolve the issue with no joy.

To keep it simple, my colour ID map in ddo is not working. I have materials set up for each colour but the mesh will not show them and when i show the colour IDs on the mesh it just shows up as black.

Please, any help resolving this is massively appreciated.

tpbmCVn.jpg

Replies

• teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi dmilligan277,

It seems this is likely an issue with mesh groups: in your modeling software, make sure the mesh is combined into only 1 group, as this will tell DDO to only use 1 material for the entire mesh. If there are more groups than 1, it is likely that DDO does not assign your materials to the right part of your mesh.

Let me know if this helps!

- Teddy
  • dmilligan277
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Teddy,

Oh man am i so mad at Maya right now. When exporting the mesh from Maya, Groups and Point Groups were ticked on even though though the mesh was one combined object in scene and this was the problem. Thank you for highlighting the potential problem.
  • dmilligan277
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    On a side note, while i have your attention. Sometimes i make manual edits to the masks of some of my materials in ddo eg. painting out some areas of a wear mask. At some point after doing this though i may have to reimport some maps and this seems to reset the manual edits i had done to material masks...should this happen?
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey dmilligan277,

Glad you got it sorted! Thanks for the update. As for manual mask edits, there is a feature for non-destructive painting in the Dynamask editor, make sure you use this! When the reimporter is run, all current masks are regenerated, and so if the Photoshop layer masks have been painted on directly those edits would get lost, whereas manual hand painted edits done via Dynamask will stay intact. Let me know though if even Dynamask edits get lost for you, as that would be a bug that needs imminent fixing!

Thanks again,
    - Teddy
  • dmilligan277
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, i see, i wasn't using Dynamask so that's the issue. Thank you again for prompt reply and thanks for awesome product and support.