Home General Discussion

PhD Proposal Suggestion ?

TAN
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
TAN polycounter lvl 12
Yo mates. Need to ask something serious once in a while :)

Writing a PhD proposal for a university abroad. Topic is robotics. Country is Japan. Need to convince the Professor first before official application. Need to post proposal with transcript.

I searched the net and finished writing the proposal as good as I could. Then I thought maybe modelling the system ( a robotic arm with hand) and putting screenshots of it with a little more explanation would prove even better.

Or is it just plain unnecessary ?

So any advice especially from similar experiences are welcomed. Thanks mates :D

I will also ask this at other places.

Replies

• Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    I'm just guessing here, but since it's a research degree, anything that will help to explain your hypothesis, and which would be suitable to include in a research paper, should be okay? Although each university may have its own guidelines regarding length and content for proposals.
  • TAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TAN polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah right ? I really searched site of the department, university and google in general to see that if they have such a guideline or template I could use bu there doesn't seem to be one. So ı used a good tutorial I found about research proposal writing.

I suppose I should really model that. It wouldn't be like professor would refuse it just because it has more explanation in it would he ? :D