Home Quixel Megascans

Quixel Suite DdO - reimported mesh goes all silver?

i gotta problem... I made few changes on the mesh im using in dDO and every time I reimport new mesh it goes all silver ?? how to fix this ?? Im using Quixel suite 1.8...
I tried to remove all the materials that were already applied to it and there is no change...all mesh stays silver? i tried to apply new material on it and same thing...i got no idea whats going on...is this another glitch or im doing something wrong ? please help :thumbup::poly142:

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

It most likely depends on the way it was exported from your 3d package, did you perhaps change the name of any of the meshgroups? what will happen then is that DDO won´t find the meshgroups anymore and 3do can´t display any textures.
  • guteoka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I added new subtool and I replaced the subtool that I didn't want anymore... but shouldn't be working fine if I reimported the mesh ? its a bit silly... now I cant even apply anything to it as everything is silver? any suggestions how to fix this? whats the point having (mesh reimport) if it goes all funny? quixel suite is a very buggy software im telling you...:/
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes of course you can reimport your mesh, you can make almost any changes you want as long as you keep the names of the meshgropus. what has most likely happened to you is that either there are multiple meshgroups or the names of the meshgroups used in the original file has changed.

It might also be due to normal problems, that the normals aren´t exported along with the mesh.

Since it worked before for you Im pretty sure the problem lies with how the mesh was changed and exported from your 3D package. So you could maybe retrace your steps there and see if you find the issue!
  • Devil_Inside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've run into this issue as well, though I've found a way to fix it.
    As Eric said, you have to either rename the meshgroup in your exported mesh back to what it was, or update the name of the mesh in the opening and closing xml tags in the project.xml (it's the 3rd tag from the top, and 3rd tag from the bottom), as well as rename all the .psd files in the root of your project.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There you go, if you dare to make a deal with the Devil that is :) always back up your project when manually editing the xml though, just to be sure!
  • Anubis9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anubis9 polycounter lvl 6
    Would be cool though if there was a text field in Reimporter Options that allows you to change the name of the mesh. At least for now, until an automatic mesh rename/management functionality is added.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anubis9 - yes, some way of making it easier somehow!