Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Glock Conversion Kit

Replies

• Pedro Amorim
    Hey Derek

Cheers for posting.
    Are you happy with the result? Is there anything that you would change now?
  • Joltya
    Offline / Send Message
    Joltya polycounter lvl 10
    This looks really cool! My biggest gripe is that all of the tiny little scratches you have are all the same size and they look very patterned and they don't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

It does look like it has a semi-cel shaded look to it, and I'm curious as to how you did that. Did you just use an outside stroke in Photoshop?
  • Chase
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    Overall it looks like it turned out pretty solid. The scope is my favorite part of the whole thing if I had to choose the stand out component. Just to echo what the other guys were saying, and only cause my model is temporarily suffering a similar issue, is the scratches. While you haven't gone overboard, they do seem relatively random. While you will have some random scratches for sure, the bulk of them should primarily hover in the heavily trafficked areas. Anywhere this thing reloads is the first place that comes to mind. I'm still learning to place my damage in a more calculated fashion so don't take my word for gospel haha. It'd be cool to see a render if this broken apart into kit pieces if you're able to do that. Great job!
  • Pedro Amorim
    I asked that question because..

Aren't you at all concerned that you have baking errors everywhere, not to mention the fact that the gun is so inaccurate overall?
  • DerekPalmiuz
    thank you all for your advice !! I'm already working to solve all baking problems and i'm trying to improve the texture detail ;)
    It does look like it has a semi-cel shaded look to it, and I'm curious as to how you did that. Did you just use an outside stroke in Photoshop?
    For scratches and other details i used substance painter ;)
  • Pedro Amorim
    Cool dude.
    Yeah, try to fix those errors as they are pretty visible on the model. As for the accuracy issues on the model, I guess I don't expect you to address those at this time. But for further new stuff you want to make, one advice is to post from the start so people can point out stuff before you reach the late stages where it's a pain in the ass to go back and change things. Anywho, keep going.