Home Adobe Substance

[SOLVED] Grouping Outputs in SD5 problem

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
EGGO polycounter lvl 11
Hello. I'm newby in SD and have a small issue which i can't figure out how to solve. And sorry for my english plz too
While i'm doing SD youtube lesson "Building textures using a node-based workflow" there's a part called "Grouping Outputs for Materials" where after creating second one New Graph i put there previously done one base Graph with 4 channels (diff, norm, spec, gloss). While in lesson after instructor dropped into newly made Graph firstly made one - all previews are computed and outputs right on 3d model preview and texture preview, but in my case no Diffuse and Normal channel appears at all - they're just showed transparent in preview. I've rechecked all output names, channels and etc - same thing. Maybe someone will help me please(((

Replies

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Which tutorial is it ? That's probably because the tutorial you watched is old and the default workflow in designer changed since.

Diffuse, Normal, Specular, Glossiness are used by the Specular/Glossines or the Non-PBR shader. The default shader of designer is for the Metallic/Roughness workflow.

You can change the shader in the 3D View by going to Materials > *Material name* > Shader > physically_specular_glossiness.
  • EGGO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EGGO polycounter lvl 11
    Oh. That's my mistake then. After changing it to right one - all works perfectly. Thanks a lot Froyok.