Home Adobe Substance

Cant load substance project.

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Meteorkid polycounter lvl 11
I saved my project the last time I was working on it. The next time I load it, it gives me this error and doesn't open. I could not find any other post with this error.0b7c30b4c8.png

Edit: Ive been experimenting with the file structure and it seems that the document.bin is the issue. When I load a new project with all the old files except "document.bin" it loads and i can even see my textures on the model for a second. But then they disappear and i cant access them via layers etc... currently now sad at the prospect of losing work. :(

Replies

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Hi,

Is your project in the old "folder" format ?
    In which version were you working when you saved ?
  • Meteorkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its version 1.1.2 , I didnt do anything strange to the file structure before it stopped working, nor did I update anything. The only thing I did was save my work close the program then reopen it later and then it would not open the project.

Edit: I tryed to open it in the newer version 1.3.2 but still give the same error.
  • Meteorkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okey, So I started painting my project again in a new scene on a fresh install of 1.3.2. I painted most of the day and had dropbox make various file revision backups of my project.

I get near the end of the day and I test my scene by saving "carefully". Then I close substance painter. Reopen substance, load the project and then it crashes (showing me the crash report box). I cannot load the project file anymore, I try a older revision made a few hours before and it loads fine.

This time I only lose a couple of hours work instead of days "yay :(" . The scene by comparison is not as complex as the first project that died earlier in this thread.

Here is a screen of my Dxdiag:
    c978d15024.png

I also have 16gig of ram and plently of HDD space.

Can I have some suggestion on how to stop this from happening? I love the control this program brings but I cant keep losing work.

Btw Ive sent you a link to the file which crashes on dropbox via PM.

Edit: I looked through the log in the appdata folder and found this line in the project load part of the log, which seems to suggest the issue, maybe it might help.

[WARN] <Qt> "[DBG WARNING][Resources Manager]" "No preview engine for Object type" "DataStackActions"
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    This is probably not the same issue. Can you send me both project (via a PM) ? I will see with the devs to look into it.
  • Meteorkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message