Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Chinese Temple - UE4/UDK

heyguy
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
heyguy polycounter lvl 5
Hey Polycount! So I'm creating a Chinese temple with UE4 (or maybe UDK, I originally planned this project for UDK but with the free release of UE4, I'll switch). I'm still in the blocking out process in Maya but I have some higher detail props in the scene already. Right now, I'm actually thinking of cutting this project in half. What I mean by that is I might just cut everything and reduce the scene to just the back altar room. And I'll just make that area a small temple. I'm playing with the idea of giving the place a slight modern sci fi theme to it like Deus Ex Human Revolution or Half Life 2. So maybe things like Combine door force fields, Deus Ex tablets, some future modern appliances like fans, security cameras, etc). Maybe not though.

I'd like to create a quality current gen art piece (PS4, XONE, PC) in a timely manner (month or 2) and I think I may have bit off more than I can chew as I write down and see all the props I need to make. Either way, I'm going to concentrate on that back altar room primarily for now and possibly expand as I finalize everything in there.

So I'd like some critique on everything. Polycount, environment modeling, prop modeling, texturing, scene layout, scale, etc. I know I don't have much now but I'd like to ask a question. I'm sort of having trouble creating a believable wood frame/ architectural structure/ ceiling truss. I've collected a lot of reference but it's hard to find pictures that show good detail of what's going on up there.

Anyway, thanks for checking out my post. New updates coming soon.

hltqAkg.jpg
R7s4kCa.jpg
Xb0rBoi.jpg
sJT9CwZ.jpg
pDojykE.jpg
7wGdpcm.jpg
rKulpGL.jpg
oMtVN6l.jpg