Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Eye anatomy help

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
BakedCookie polycounter lvl 3
Hey guys, I'm sculpting a stylized eye and I feel like I'm missing something between the epicanthal fold and the eyebrow, but I can't quite pinpoint it. I'm trying to achieve a confident and relaxed expression if that's relevant. Any help would be much appreciated.

JSGDq4G.png

Yp0NeBq.png

0iC6kZo.png

lpEB6S5.png

90rwhVa.png

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Two things that I notice you're missing:

1) Lacrimal Caruncle

2) Cornea

Add those in, clean up the curve of the double eyelid because it's all jagged, and let's see where it's at from there.
  • TheodorUrhed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheodorUrhed polycounter lvl 4
    Since you're doing a stylized character I think you could go with a lot less defined orbit. And as Brian's already mentioned, cleaning up that eyelid and making it less wobbly goes a long way.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    ... The lower lid bugs me somewhat.
  • BakedCookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BakedCookie polycounter lvl 3
    Did some work on the eyelids, I'm going to retopologize now and do some more precise work since I ended up stretching a few spots too much and had to go beyond a polycount that gives me smooth navigation (there is an actual body attached to the head hence the extra polys).

Currently the curves are rather sharp, for the final pass I imagine I should smooth them out to a degree? The eyeball itself is still placeholder, when I touch up the eyelids I'm going to remake it properly. I also have a small blob masquerading as Lacrimal Caruncle, but how pronounced would it have to be for an Epicanthal Fold that's so low?

1OyO5ly.png

FSGxyUX.png

ZDQiuWj.png

@TheodorUrhed the style I'm emulating is the one below; and as far as I can tell the orbit is rather well defined. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

4f1d012c5a024b79d66d5689d7260aa2-d6qzy7s.jpg