Home General Discussion

sketch books

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
Alright guys I know this may have been asked many times before but I am looking for specific medium for sketchbooks.

Anything that is relevant to this sold in Toronto.

EDIT: Also; If you can; Do tell what sort of sketching papers / sketchbooks the professional comic artists use (Not the Bristol.)

EDIT2: I'd appreciate if anyone helps me out in this matter and keep this thread out of flames.

Thank you.

Replies

• linkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    linkov polycounter lvl 10
    did you check the store finder option on their site? it shows 4 locations in Toronto
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    linkov wrote: »
    did you check the store finder option on their site? it shows 4 locations in Toronto

Did you check the stores and their merchandise?

Seriously there was a reason for me to post here even though I was counting on this question. Apparently; Those 4 locations you speak of doesnt have this specific product in their online store and I am certain two of them sell art supplies for kids and one is a blog.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In fact, never mind this thread. I'll figure something out. Thanks for your help.
  • linkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    linkov polycounter lvl 10
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    Did you check the stores and their merchandise?

well I've checked my area, and I was able to find those sketchbooks here in Moscow, so I figured Toronto should have them. sorry, didn't meant to play cpt obvious. :\
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No worries, I apologize for being harsh. I have been hitting my head to get these fine paper notebooks and wish to stick with one proper brand. This one seemed legit but I cant find them in Toronto. I'll keep looking. :(
  • Malle324
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Nitewalkr, you should definitely check Moleskine sketchbooks out.. I use them for drawing on location most of time, e.g. urban sketching. They're quite handy and you can get them in lots of sizes and versions. They've got special series of "Japanes Album" sketchbooks which would fit your comics-storytelling passion.

Go ahead this site. I believe you come up with some useful tips, otherwise you can look for other brands like Canson sketchbooks, Winsor & Newton or Piccadilly sketchbooks...

I'm sure, that in Canada you find them in popular book stores, in the US it's Barnes and Noble.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you, I would look in to this. I was actually looking for a something like this that allows you to draw a reference along side with writing a story to help understand how will this pan out if it is or was in a game. Since I am out side most of the time I cant really bring my sketch books out with me, but something like this I can. Thank you once again.

I was also looking for the comic sketch paper and found out a "bee marker sketch paper" which I have yet to try.