Home Unity

Unity 5 & Marmoset

Chubbydan
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Chubbydan polycounter lvl 13
Hi everyone,

Got Unity 5, have updated a project from 4.6 which was using skyshop. It seems that Unity 5 does what I need it to do out the bag but just in case as I've not read it anywhere else, is there now no need for skyshop in terms of IBL and the corresponding shaders?

On a side note, please view this previous thread as it seems that Unity 5 does not do what was expected in terms of normal map seams. They are most definitely back with a vengeance.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2194852&postcount=21

Cheers,

Replies

• Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    Yeah, there's no real need for Skyshop lighting or it's shaders any more with Unity 5, I'd suggest moving over to unity's own.

So far as that thread, um, it seems that the unity 5 picture is correct and it's the 4x one that has issues, but why would you be using the legacy bump/spec shader anyway? The Standard shader is smart in that it optimises itself based on what inputs are in use, so just sticking in a normal map and a spec map would be cheaper than using the whole Standard shader.
  • Chubbydan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chubbydan polycounter lvl 13
    Hi Chimp,

Thanks for responding, the Unity 5 standard shader from the freshly installed Unity 5 does show up normal seams, I'm not using any legacy shaders. Based on the previous advice in the original thread I hoped that the seam issue was gone. Does anyone else have this issue?

Cheers,
  • Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    If you are not using legacy, you must be using standard.