Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

Throne Room - Danner Dan's Dad Cave - Conrad Sly

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
c5ly polycounter lvl 5
Hello everyone, Conrad here with my entry into the contest!
A bit of a late start but I've got plenty of free time this month to grind out my entry!

Concept: My concept took a while to take shape but I landed something rather close to me in terms of my relationship with my late Father. He was a crazy handyman of sorts, and we enjoyed watching shows like Home Improvement, the Red Green Show, and other shows in which cool Dad's made and did crazy things! So in memory of him, I am designing a Dad Cave for the crazy DIY Dad!

Title: Danner Dan's Dave Dave. The title pertains to a made up character, which is an amalgamation of all of the wacky handymen I've ever known! Everything about Danner Dan is kinda backwards, including his name. He won't be in the scene as a character according to the contest rules, but I'm doing my best to think like him to give you the greatest impression of his zany personality with the construction of his Dad Cave! There will be plenty of duct tape.

Software:
  1. 3DSMax
  2. Zbrush
  3. Allegorithmic Indie Suite - Designer, Painter, B2M3
  4. UE4

Replies

• c5ly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c5ly polycounter lvl 5
    Here are some early concepts for Danner Dan's Dad Cave.
    Character Reference Guide. I know there are not supposed to be any characters as this is an environment art contest, but there would be no one to sit in the Throne without them, so it's important to get a feel for who inhabits this space.
    nbZOxsr.jpg

Early Throne Concepts:
    TYEpLTT.jpg

Final Throne Concept:
    OQwUfyP.jpg

sFF8Vzg.jpg

Crazy Tools:
    E2YPxWO.jpg

F4Rcf

nAR9X43.jpg

64MZw5S.jpg

Early Layout Concept:
    iIchfpf.jpg

zBDPgcN.jpg
  • Weso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weso polycounter lvl 4
    The Remote control wrench brings me so much joy, and I can't explain why.