Home General Discussion

Maya LT 2016

Replies

• RaptorCWS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RaptorCWS polycounter lvl 11
    hopefully they wont change it, but right now you can export a .fbx directly to an unreal or unity project which will ignore the poly limit cap. you can then do whatever you want with that fbx. If they do decide to take that work around out I'm going to switch to a full version of modo and never look back at autodesk.
  • CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    RaptorCWS wrote: »
    hopefully they wont change it, but right now you can export a .fbx directly to an unreal or unity project which will ignore the poly limit cap. you can then do whatever you want with that fbx. If they do decide to take that work around out I'm going to switch to a full version of modo and never look back at autodesk.

Does maya LT support the Xnormal exporter? Can you setup cages?
  • noosence
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noosence polycounter lvl 9
    @CJE yeah it supports it
  • CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    Awesome, thanks. What about MODO Indie, how does that compare?
  • RaptorCWS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RaptorCWS polycounter lvl 11
    CJE wrote: »
    Awesome, thanks. What about MODO Indie, how does that compare?
    from what I have seen it is very similar with the limitations with the exception of being able to export directly to unreal or unity to get around the polycap limit. for me maya lt was the better buy since I could technically get around the absurd polycount export limitations.
  • Mant1k0re
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mant1k0re polycounter lvl 8
    Maya LT supports MEL scripting right? Just no Python? Modo Indie doesn't have any scripting support. I hate to give Autodesk kudos with their all sub nonsense just around the corner but it looks like Maya LT is the best deal right now.
  • CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    I can't seem to find online if you can create and export cages in Maya LT for xNormal. Does anyone know?
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    CJE wrote: »
    I can't seem to find online if you can create and export cages in Maya LT for xNormal. Does anyone know?

I don't know about using their specific cage format but I've exported OBJ files from Maya LT that I used as Xnormal cages.