Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character sculpt

Hey guys!

Currently working on this character here, but need some criticisms.
Got it to the best of my knowledge. Looked at proportions, anatomy etc. Still early stages.

I'm going for a fighter type of character with lean muscles but quite defined.

Want to progress with sculpting the muscles, but I do believe that the head is a bit too small and/ or the neck is to high?? Also the lower body still needs work.

Also, don't worry about the feet. He will be wearing shoes.

If any of you could give me any suggestions on any further improvements or what needs to be changed. I would really appreciate it! I know most of you guys are very good at 3D!

sc1.jpg

Replies

• Bolovorix
    Offline / Send Message
    Bolovorix ngon master
    Hey, nice start. I think the hips being too small is one thing throwing off the balance. Maybe raise the them up and widen them just a little. For the neck I would make the traps a little more built to work with those broad shoulders.

If you aren't aware of it already, I would look at Anatomy4sculptors It has some amazing information on anatomy.

I did a quick sketch over your image based on some things that I would do just to give you an idea as to what I'm suggesting.
    Hope it helps and keep it up!
    sc2_1.jpg
  • eimutisuk
    Thanks man! To be honest I haven't thought about the hips yet, but you made a really good point! Ill try to sort them out now. Also for the traps. I did have them bigger, but it seemed too much. Ill work on it too. As long as the head is ok. It did worry me a little.

I' am aware of the anatomy4sculptors site, but tend to use it very little. I find it useful when blocking out the major muscle groups. But when it comes to defining muscles and secondary groups. I just rely on google and digital sculpting book I have :D

As for your sketch. It wont load it :/ Says that you deleted the image or moved it elsewhere.