Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Character

J3D
J3D
Hey folks. This a new character I'm working. Hoping to get some constructive feedback. Trying to improve.

Replies

• J3D
    Thanks for the feedback.
  • skodone
    Offline / Send Message
    skodone polycounter lvl 2
    if you want feedback provide more pictures, wires, textures, more angles, what you are going to do with the model (hipoly render, game readyn...) and so on

and please upload the images to imgur or tinypic and use the [ img] bbcode to present them.
    that way people will give you feedback, its hard to give a lot feedback to a single picture not really showing much about the piece.
  • felicitousArtisan
    Maybe a little more variation on the gloss map would help? Just slightly bump up the smoothness on the nose, forehead, cheekbones, add a slight speckling/noise to all the skin area of the map kind of thing? Another thing would be to get some Sub-surface scattering going in that skin, which would make it look a bit warmer and softer, more skin-like. A bit of a stronger normal on the eyebrows, maybe too? I guess planes could be used, but might be pushing the bushiness. I'm not sure if those eyelashes are a little on the thin side?
    If it's a display sculpt, you could use fibre hair to give body and softness to the eyebrows and hair, but if it's for a game, you'd have to see what you could do with normals and planes I guess.

Overall it's a really nice piece, but I feel like a few little detail touches to the texturing might help really push it up a level.