Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

Throne Room-NeoClassic dragon_Patrick Scoggin

Throne Room-NeoClassic dragon.
Good evening,
I'm new to the site though I have visited from time to time. A friend saw the post of the Throne Room contest and suggested I look into it as he knows this would be just the kind of thing I’d be interested in and he was right.
The concept I have is building in the exuberant neo-classical style and a persistent baroque character with a flavor of the exotic. Think the Paris opera house, Norte Dame, Versailles
And yea… along with half the others a little dragon spice as well along with a little taste of something I don’t know…. Primitive? Celtic? Druidic? Maybe not. We’ll see how it goes.
The reason my friend thought I might be interested was some sketching I had done on a dragon themed throne. I’ve done some work on the idea for some time to include some 3d sketching but as I understand it that would be within the boundaries as it’s never been truly finished and is small part of the scene.
I’m planning to uploading some sketches as soon as I figure out how. I re-read the instructions and just ignore the humans and I guess the live dragon as well.

Maya, Max, Zbrush, Crazybump, Roadkill, Photoshop, and if I can figure it out in time (and it a big reason I wanted to do this) Substance Designer and Painter

Replies