Home Technical Talk

After effects Rendering issue:Not using all the cores

hey guys :) i have a problem.i made a 15 second intro and when i was rendering it It took a HUGE time to finish it up.about 22min.but i made a same kind of intro couple of months back with the same effects and plugins and it took about 5-8 min with the same computer.any idea on how to get my render speed back?
thanks
also Idk if this breaks the rules if it so pls delete it :)
i have a question it would be great if u can also give your private opinion on this

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2249641#post2249641

Replies

• erroldynamic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    erroldynamic polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe try emptying your disc cache? preferences>media & disc cache>empty disk cache
  • vskdharmasena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe try emptying your disc cache? preferences>media & disc cache>empty disk cache

i also did that but still the same
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    What else are you running?
    Do you have any system instrumentation (like rainmeter?) to show what resources are in use while rendering?
    In my experience, After Effects is incredibly memory sensitive for its render times, so if something is running, or crashed in the background but not unloaded from memory,it can really have an affect.
  • CharacterCarl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CharacterCarl greentooth
    Vailias is right about the memory part. Checkt that. Also, do you have "Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously" enabled? If so, it reserves a specific amount of RAM (here 0.5GBs) for each of your (logical) cores. If there's not enough memory available, cores will shut down and the rendering will be slower. The same effect can be seen if the memory allocated is too small (e.g. 0.5GB would be too few if you have heavy video files inside your comp).

In short: I always have it turned off as the gain in speed is negligible for me. ;)

after-effects-3.jpg%3F7e70d4