Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: dDo 1.8 'Reimporter' error

Trying to 're-import' a normal map using the 'reimporter' but get the following error in Photoshop:

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
at DDO.IDMapper.GetAlphaXml()

Any ideas?

Thx in advance.

Capture_001.jpg

Capture_002.jpg

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi StilLife!

Did you move any of the project files during your reimport, does this only happen with the normal map and only on this project?
  • StillLife
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your timely reply ; )

Sorry, not clear what you mean by moving project files "during your reimport". In this case I am working off a backup copy of the project folder but this hasn't caused me problems with previous projects. I tested the 'reimporter' on several other projects and I'm not getting this error.

Also, the error occurs when the 'reimporter' is selected so I don't have the option to import any map - 'normal' or otherwise.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry I should have been more clear :) I meant that if you moved your files from the time that you started the project to when you tried to reimport inputs, if so, the projects can´t find the original files and will cause this crash. Could that be the reason?
  • StillLife
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your reply. So, this may not be the 'recommended' way of working but, I will occasionally copy/paste my working folder/directory as a sort of iterative backup scheme, i.e, it gives me the ability to go back to a previous version in case something goes terribly wrong with dDo :) I know, I know, but this method has gotten me out of a jam or two ; ) Anyway, I have copied this folder and it's contents a few times. However, as I said in my previous post, this hasn't caused me problems with previous projects.

Regardless, any thoughts on how to fix the problem?

Thanks again!
  • gordon13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know this thread is kind of old, but I just had this issue and managed to resolve it so I thought I'd share.

Basically DDo seems to convert ID maps from .tga to .png.

Since I always work in .tga I thought the .png one was a mistake or something so I deleted it. That's when the issue happened. Putting that file back in solved the issue.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    Just came across this issue and thought id share a quick fix.

If you have moved the files from the time you started the project, just open up the Project.xml file and replace the path(s) for the files in the <Inputs> section.
  • Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wiktor polycounter lvl 11
    @StillLife: Did either of these advice help? Also, you say you haven't had problems with the backup routine you have going - have you tried re-importing for backed up projects before?