Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Slag - small flying creature

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Axcel polycounter lvl 14
During making new portfolio website I also refreshed some of my already made projects. One of them is this Slag. I made recomposition, changed ratio to 16:9 and added backgrounds.

Here is some description:
Slags are harmless flying creatures, attacking in groups in over dozen members. They don`t have any higher-purpose, attack just because they are malicious.
They live on covered by snow and ice, planet Luna.
Slag’s teeth aren`t useful in battle, because of fond to candies they`re rotten and useless. As a weapon they use claws and attached objects, which can throw down on enemies from air, thanks to dextrous legs.
Generally these flying creatures don`t use magic, but they have a frosty blow with harmless paralyzing properties, unknown to anyone.

Slag is a monster inspired by ROSE Online Game.
Project presentation and and requirements I took from Dominance War challenge.
Because one rule is always obligatory. That means pedestal in scene, so I made a cylindrical block of fantasy ice which creature was tethered to.
Project isn`t very complex so I didn`t need all 10k tris limit from dominance war. I tried to fit in my own 2k budget.
Also I used smaller maps (1024 instead 2048 ) – separately for pedestal and character.

Backstory:

During some human expedition on planet called Luna, just after travellers left an Eucar city, they encountered a flock of unknown creatures. Slags immediately started to bother them, so the fight began.
Humans won in quite short time, but they didn`t want to kill all annoying Slags, so a few of them attached to big blocks of ice.
This is motive I present, a Slag, trying to get back freedom.

2014_compose2_blue1.jpg

2014_compose3.jpg

2014_compose4_abstract1.jpg

2014_compose4_canyon.jpg

2014_compose5_bw_new.jpg

2014_compose61.jpg

2014_compose71.jpg

2014_compose10.jpg

2014_compose1.jpg

2014_compose8_night.jpg

2014_compose9_day.jpg