Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM – Majestic Nature - Nathan Ayala

Brief: Overgrown in sacred grounds the wandering roots slither through diluted soil while the tall living limbs bask in the light of the divine. The mouths of stone shower a stream of channeled water for nature's hunger. In the bliss of it all rests the ancient throne of Elvenking Olweyn, once ruler of the now isolated Kingdom of Thorduin.
z3ZWeF7.jpg
Hey Guys,

I'm definitely excited about this contest. I will be doing this solo. I wanted to create something with foliage/vegetation, water, rocks, stone/mountain walls, and the likes similar to the concept above. The throne itself is made up of tree roots and I've yet to add something to it not sure what yet. However, this environment is quite ancient so clumps of moss will be heavily spread out through environmental props such as rocks, barks, etc. My next step is to design the plan and placement of things for the environment for I can give myself a space I can work with before I start modeling. Any suggestions are welcome? Below are a few earlier sketches of the throne.
rpXEAdM.jpg

Replies

• Nema
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello ! I like the atmosphere of your concept art, seems cool ! The idea of an ancient room of which only few walls remain covered by vegetation is very seductive. What kind of vegatation are you planning to use ?