Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: Paint stroke in Mulit-Normal (NDO) zooms off screen.

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
RobH2 polycounter lvl 4
New to Quixel Suite. Using PS CS6 in Win7 x64 and Wacom Intuos pen.

When I sculpt/draw with a brush in NDO, the stroke zooms off the left of the screen making a long horizontal line or tail. I could be just drawing a small circle and when I stop, the end flies left off the screen.

The same sort of thing happens with a 'rounded rectangle' when I draw one. It draws, but it appears off the document and is huge. I can grab it and drag it back but it's the wrong size. It makes it nearly impossible to draw a rectangle.

Anyone else having this problem? I can't figure out what is causing it.

Replies

• XemnasKH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I have been having the same issue. It only happens when I am in the Quixel Suite and I have not found a way to fix it. Hopefully it will be fixed in the new update.
  • RobH2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobH2 polycounter lvl 4
    Ok, yea it is frustrating. At least I know it's not just me and my machine is having some kind of conflict. Thanks for the fast response. It puts my mind at ease.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys! A way to workaround this until the bug is fixed is to set 3d0 as topmost from the menu on the Main suite toolbar, "Make 3DO Topmost (Prevents painting issues)

Let me know if this helps!
  • RobH2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobH2 polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for pointing out what's supposed to be obvious. I don't know how I missed that. That switch plainly says "Prevents painting issues." Oh well, sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.

I've been trying so hard to overcome the Photoshop 8800 Error that has DDO crippled and unusable for me that I missed that. At least I'll be able to NDO now.

Thanks...

Edit:

Report...works like a charm. Fixed the 'rounded rectangle issue' too. If only all problems in life where that easy.... :)
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great! But what is this 8800 Error, it happens when you try to launch ddO?
  • RobH2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobH2 polycounter lvl 4
    Yes, it's a problem in DDO. Sorry to throw that in. I assumed it was so widespread that everyone knew what it was. It really intermittent. Last might I spent 5 hours trying to get any project, new or downloaded (AK, Helmet, etc. ) to open without crashing and throwing the Photoshop 8800 error. Today, I have gotten a few downloaded and custom files to open and or build. Then it came back and now it's gone. It's really baffling.