Home Technical Talk

How to morph between characters using the method I explained or using some another

Hello everyone, I will try my best to explain what I'm trying to do so you could help me figure things out. My goal is to make a morph between a human and an animal. So far I made two simple low poly models from a human mesh and an animal mesh using WrapIt in 3ds Max. They have the same number of verts and, because i have created them in the same order, their vers ids are 95% in order. I say 95% because when I use the Morpher modifier there are always some glitches. I know that what I'm trying to do is posible because I've seen it in the WrapIt video tutorial, but the creator of the WrapIt tool used also his tool MorphIt witch was never fully released and with no explanation how the tool works. I don't know if there is a way to to change verts ids and maintain the structure of the mesh (because i know how mesh creation works) but maybe there is a way and I can't find it. Now that you all know what I'm trying to do, I would appreciate if somebody could help to find a way to reach my goal, using this method or some other. I searched for weeks if there is some way but all I do is run in a circle. Thanks in advance. And sorry if I made some mistakes in the text, I'm from Croatia :D

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Generally it's much less of a headache to create morphs from duplicates of your base model. You will run into problems with UVs and smoothing groups easily.

Since you already have a shape for your animal form, what I'd do is make a duplicate of your human form first. Use soft select and move verts around, or Lattice/FFD to get all the big areas into place, and start snapping vertices to the animal form from there.