Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Problem with color map in dDo

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Trucy polycounter lvl 9
When I use the color map, a problem is happens: the dDO does not put the color map exactly the right place, resulting in this

b7b754ebb9.jpg

When I use all the other maps (ao, bent, cavity etc, and not use the color map) I do not have this problem, I only have this problem when I put the color map together those other maps. And the problem is not in the generation of color map by xnormal, because when I put the color map with other maps in Marmoset, everything works perfectly; When I put my color map in the diffuse window on dDo, the color map is read correctly, example

6551996289.jpg
35bf51348b.jpg

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Trucy!

Have you made sure that all your inputmaps are of the exact same resolution?
  • Trucy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trucy polycounter lvl 9
    Hi Trucy!

Have you made sure that all your inputmaps are of the exact same resolution?
    Hi Eric, thanks for your help.

Yep, same resolution. Right now I took another bake of a normal and a color map with the same resolution, same edge padding and same bucked size but, the problem persisted. I also tried to take in different resolutions and the problem persisted (tried normal + color in 2048; 4096; normal 4096 and color 2048, and all other variations, but didn't work).

I used maps of other my character and it worked normally with the color in the right place. I don't no what i doing wrong T__T
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That certainly sounds strange!

Is your color id a flattened PNG without transparency? if not, try that! Otherwise would it be possible to send me the project files so I can take a look at them?
  • Trucy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trucy polycounter lvl 9
    Oh my god, I don't belive, it's work! I do a png without transparency and... it's work. You could explain why that? btw, thanks a lot, Eric, I am grateful for the help.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Technically I don´t think I can explain it :) But I know that the Color id system is currently not equipped to handle transparency, so some errors may occur!

Happy that you got it working :)