Home Adobe Substance

Need help with a Rough Wood Texture!

Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen,

I just started working in Substance Designer for some time now. Right now I am doing tutorials and having fun so far. My goal right now is to create a Rough Wood texture, which I will use for game assets.
(Like this one)
WoodRough0016_M22.jpg

I want to use it for some game assets within a medieval setting. This wood should be suitable for different purposes like chair, wood poles, tables, and house walls. So it should be some how adjustable (wood color, roughness, details,..). I have right now two versions (Tileable and plain).

I am now at a point, that I can't get it better, but I am not that happy with it. I run out of ideas. The problem is, that I am missing this kind of details and the texture is looking too far kind of cartoonish for me. I want to use the substance within Substance Painter to paint it as a Layer.

I am missing some kind of details and this rough look from the example. I am uploading the both sbs files, so you can have a better look or use it if you like it :).
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7tkqjzhlmnb2itb/AACCW_1PG8dqLPbMdywP9nUVa?dl=0

I really appreciate some help or advices to push me in the right direction. Please excuse spelling mistakes english is not my native language!

Thanks again!

Cheers

Replies