Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - The Favorite's Throne - Pumkin

Pumkin
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pumkin polycounter lvl 2
Hey everyone !

This is my first post here but I hope not the last !
Fot my throne's room, I want something bright and colored. I want gardens and water. That's why I choose to make a harem's garden.

My moodboard :
MBtWZpX.jpg

I hope it will help you to imagine what atmosphere I will try to create !

Replies

• Pumkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pumkin polycounter lvl 2
    1 Step :
    Pen and paper. I looked for what my throne will look like. So I took my bigger black pen and began to draw silhouettes.

xByQIiE.jpg

Then, I had my throne, but I didn't know where to begin the set. I opened Photoshop, I placed my perspective and I set the scene, its atmosphere and colours.

xb3i9Sd.png

Everything is not visible, so I decided to make me a plan before the modelisation begining.

Lzm2qUq.png

Any feeback is very welcome ! :)
  • Yadoob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yadoob polycounter lvl 7
    I think you should blend more the different type of elements : put some flowers and small vegetation inside the throne and sheets hang up on the walls. The arabic pottery is quite interresting too, colors and patterns are gorgous! Although try to emphasise more the throne, right now it looks like it's just a normal bench : maybe by closing the space or lowering the arcs
    Keep it up !
  • Pumkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pumkin polycounter lvl 2
    Yeh... I am not very good in concept art. But I thought to details that I can't show. For example, the throne's white wood will be completely sculptured. I will had a lot of vegetation in the garden.
    I agree with the arabic pottery, I wanted deal with it later. There will be plenty ! For the sheets hang up on the walls. I didn't put it there because I didn't know where put them at the moment. Behind the throne ? In front of it ? On its sides ? Everywhere ? I am thinking about it.
    I am not sure to want to emphasise more the throne. I want something subtle because even if the favorite is a kind of queen in the harem, she still is in a golden cage below the sultan. But it is possible tht I will move some objects if that looks like too much a picknick.
    For the details, I will show here more searches (for example, for the arabic potteries) at the beginning of the creation.

Anyway, thank you for your feedbacks !
  • Nema
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love the idea of this "favorite's throne" ! Don't hesitate to put a lot of vegetation everywhere !
  • Pumkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pumkin polycounter lvl 2
    Thank you Nema ! Yeh, I will have to do that too.

Little update for today :
    I placed some placeholder in UE4 to get a better idea of the volumes.

StzCOzn.png

eA7SFyB.png

What do you think ?