Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM -Mughal Court - RabbitBrains

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
RabbitBrains polycounter lvl 7
Heya.
So after travelling over to India and getting super inspired by the architecture and design of the palaces there I have decided to go with a Mughal Palace theme.

Since Mughal patterns on castles can be over the top busy with patterns I wanted to make a more simplified version of some of the references just so I can keep the project small and not overscope everything.

kz7daRH.jpg

The main references are from the Agra Fort, Isas Tomb and Humayans Tomb. I sneaked in some concepts from Prince of Persia (ps3 reboot) as I really liked the simple designs of the areas.
The throne references are from the Delhi Fort, two are from the movie Joodha Akbar and another from the Agra Fort.

For this I will probably be using Maya for modelling and unwrapping and all tha jazz and use UE4 for the rendering etc.
Probably will also be using Zbrush , 3d coatk, Photoshop and maybe even Substance Designer for them brushy brushies.
4ONYcIZ.jpg

Replies

• RabbitBrains
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got round to doing some concepting. I wanted to restrict myself with two patterns. One which is the lotus flower pattern (or something similar?) and the other a mostly tarnsparent star pattern. I was planning to make the setting at night with maybe some kerosene lamps to light the inside itself. Also ended making two side wall variants to make it look less repetitive.eHjmUbm.png
  • William3DArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    William3DArtist polycounter lvl 13
    Love your turtle gif. lol.
  • RabbitBrains
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a rough blockout I did tonight in Unity 5

pafo6Zl.png
    A8WZiqh.png

Had a quick look at Unreal 4 earlier and I might look at it again tomorrow with some tutorials, though I may also decide to switch over to Unity.
    I use it at work anyway and would like to learn how to use decals and some other new features.
    Love your turtle gif. lol.

It is pretty cute.