Home General Discussion

Metal Gear Riring 2

Replies

• Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    Riring :D

Omagad YES. Absolutely loved the chara design and gameplay of the first one. Hope it's gonna be as good.
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Is the first one worth buying then? Completely overlooked it as it wasn't a 'proper' MGS game, but was quite interested in it...
  • Goeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    Is the first one worth buying then? Completely overlooked it as it wasn't a 'proper' MGS game, but was quite interested in it...

my absolutely subjective opinion is definetly a NO.

while the main fighting gameplay is pretty awesome and the game has probably the best opening of any videogame ever, 2/3 of the game consist of stupidly crowbared in features, unpolished gameplay and cutscenes that are 2 levels above the stupidity level of regular metal gears. also the camera is straight up horrendous and general environment art couldnt be any blander.

lets see what they come up with for the 2nd part.
  • Finalhart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finalhart polycounter lvl 6
    I really liked it, the combat system was awesome it's not really a MGS game just an awesome hack and slash. The sad part is that the game is too short and once you complete it it becomes boring because you are basically doing the same levels over and over. It's super fun for the first time tho.
  • TAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TAN polycounter lvl 12

It "IS" a proper MGS game and if you didn't play it you are missing out a lot in life :D

Both the storywise and style is your good old MGS if that is what you are asking. Of course this being a fast paced action game your expectances should differ in gameplay wise.
  • RexM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I loved MGS Rising, it is definitely worth a purchase.
  • ayoub44
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    The denial is probably just a play on wording though - Kojima and friends have been doing that for years now :) Like Hayter on his casting for MGSV :
    "I am not in Metal Gear V. In any way. At all. No joke," series voice actor says.

Yup, he's not in MGV, because that game doesn't exist. But you can be pretty sure that he will be in Metal Gear Solid V, as Snake, while Sutherland plays Big Boss :)
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    pior wrote: »
    The denial is probably just a play on wording though - Kojima and friends have been doing that for years now :) Like Hayter on his casting for MGSV :

Yup, he's not in MGV, because that game doesn't exist. But you can be pretty sure that he will be in Metal Gear Solid V, as Snake, while Sutherland plays Big Boss :)

mkay. sure he will be.

Can't wait to see what platinum games does with this game with a full dev cycle. Rising was alright. But it could be a lot better.
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    glottis8 wrote: »

But that's the whole point. He's saying he won't be in Metal Gear V, but the article talks about Metal Gear Solid V. Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid are two different series, so his quote is ambiguous because he could be using a shorthand for MGSV or referring to a non-existing game.

There's a bit of wishful thinking there, but given that Kojima has a habit of trolling his fans it wouldn't be out of character if him and Hayter cooked up something together.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in fact saying the truth. But if the next game is a remake of MG1 starring a young Snake, then I fully expect him to be in it.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    But that's the whole point. He's saying he won't be in Metal Gear V, but the article talks about Metal Gear Solid V. Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid are two different series, so his quote is ambiguous because he could be using a shorthand for MGSV or referring to a non-existing game.

There's a bit of wishful thinking there, but given that Kojima has a habit of trolling his fans it wouldn't be out of character if him and Hayter cooked up something together.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in fact saying the truth. But if the next game is a remake of MG1 starring a young Snake, then I fully expect him to be in it.

Ignore the obnoxious music.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxuUCn6gRpA"]Interview with Hayter.[/ame]

Here is an interview with Quinton Flynn where he talks little bit about the whole a fair. Starts at min 28:00. Talks the controversy between Sutherland and Hayter. Now he talks that Keifer would replace the guy as BB. So that means that SS would not make it into the game. Liquid will be. I am fine with Keifer taking the role. Way better delivery on each line than the flat Hayter work.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d373xZ6Yz_k"]Quinton Flynn[/ame]

There is another video where Hayter talks about his work becoming more pricey and Konami being tight with money. Here is the link. Starts at min 2:00

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ezqORX1gOQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ezqORX1gOQ[/ame]

And another link. min 3:22 he starts talking about TPP and Keifer replacing him.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H93JC_4WaJQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H93JC_4WaJQ[/ame]

Add to this the tons of tweets he has done. Dunno how many more ways he can say he is not gonna be in TPP. lol.

david-hayter-repond-aux-questions-des-fans-de-metal-gear-solid-s-09.jpg
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    ugh, I only have MGS4 in japanese on the ps3 so I had never heard the english voice of snake (other than MGS1 100 years ago when my ears didn't care)
    but a friend came over a month or so ago to play through MGS4 - in english
    I cringed for so many hours
    worst.voice.ever
    really can't see the hype for this hayter guy
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ugh, I only have MGS4 in japanese on the ps3 so I had never heard the english voice of snake (other than MGS1 100 years ago when my ears didn't care)
    worst.voice.ever

I think its more about people growing up with him as the character. Some attachment to the voice.

TBH. i think Keifer is better. But i do have some sentimental attachment to the original work. Either way, its for the best.

To not detail the whole MGR2.

I had fun with the first one. I hope they bring Grey Fox for this one, instead of whiny Raiden.
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Haha yeah, no point in turning the discussion into gamespot/kotaku style gamer conspiracy babble :D

For me the bottom line is, in pretty much every interview about this story the interviewers and Hayter all refer to him a "the voice of Solid Snake" whereas the main character in V (so far !) is Big Boss, that is to say, Naked Snake. We know for a fact that Solid is not in the Ground Zeroes prologue because the game/prologue is already out, but it would make a lot of sense for the character to show up in the full game, since the storyline happens right after Peace Walker and before (or even, during?) the events of MGS1. If anything, MGS2 taught us that a MGS prologue can be very different from the full game.

Now I personally don't care much if he's in or not, as I like the orignal Japanese voice acting, Hayter, and Sutherland all the same. But I am amused by the internet warriors claiming "yes" or "no" whereas at the moment, we just don't know !

Besides that, I can't wait for a potential sequel to Rising/Revengence. The original didn't hook me that much and I didn't play past the demo, but a sequel could be beautifully refined. After all, the studio did an amazing job with Bayonetta 2.
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    glottis8 wrote: »

Don't get me wrong. I don't really have a stake in this. I just feel like everything Hayter says about his future involvement with the series is somewhat ambiguous. He's clear cut on being replaced by Keifer as Big Boss, but whenever he's asked about playing Solid Snake he's wishy washy. I don't know whether he's doing that because he doesn't know much about Konami's future plans or doesn't want to burn any bridges, but they way he speaks about this fuels fan speculation.

As I mentioned, personally I think he won't be in TPP. I'm guessing that Liquid and Snake (if they appear in any way) will be teenagers during the period the game is set. So it probably wouldn't make sense to have him in it, even as Solid Snake, unless it is for an epilogue of some sort.

However, I can also see why people would be speculating and coming up with theories. After pulling that bait and switch in MGS2 and the later shenanigans with The Phantom Pain reveal I wouldn't put anything past Konami. They've been messing with their fans forever, so I've come to expect anything from them.
  • Amsterdam Hilton Hotel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amsterdam Hilton Hotel insane polycounter
    worst.voice.ever
    He's not great in MGS4 where he's doing the old man voice, and by peace walker he sounds like tom waits for some reason. you gotta play mgs1-3 to experience prime hayter.