Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - Aqua Harvest - Zubnero & st0kje

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
st0kje polycounter lvl 4
Hello!

We are a team of two artists, and thought this challenge would be interesting to participate in our free time.

Our main idea is to show the throne room of a mothership, which at the moment is hovering above a ice planet where it is using a laser to melt the ice while harvesting the water. It will be in a sci-fi setting.

Here is a blockout mainly used for scaling purposes.

8XP6pqd.jpg
SNzPoHu.jpg

Replies

• Zubnero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zubnero polycounter lvl 9
    Hey all, comment for subscribing purposes :)
  • Zubnero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good evening :),

today I worked on what we so far have as an idea for what's going to happen underneath the throne.

looking mostly at Halo for reference currently the idea is to have a huge open hole decorated by "cannisters" that hold water, so far I worked on the top part and the idea is to make a similar styled bottom piece and a tube of glass inbetween where some sort of water motion is happening.

If the huge hole doesn't work out we want to explore the idea to have a huge propellor inside or some sort of energy source for the space ship.

I hope you guys like it.

XjqMQWP.jpg

LvnxdXJ.jpg
  • Zubnero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey all,

Worked on the ring a bit more, getting it to blend with the floor, we are lending alot from Halo forerunner architecture, but try to maintain our own style aswell, st0kje is working on the blockout and got some work on the bigger pillars done so more updates on that later :)

v7T9G0F.jpg

XgSi0oL.jpg
  • st0kje
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    st0kje polycounter lvl 4
    Okay so I worked a little more on the pillars of the throne room, only high poly at the moment.

9k7UqBg.png
    wlxNREc.png
    Rg0PG2q.png
    7tw8NBt.png
    6VGmFvW.png